Autosweep RFID: Book an Online Appointment
Now that Autosweep RFID is mandatory to enter our expressways, motorist flock to installation sites. I had several attempts to get the Autosweep RFID at Balagtas STAR Toll Plaza, however due to long queue of vehicles I decided to postpone it and plan to have it some other day. Furthermore on the announcement released by the Department of Transportation, final deadline will be on December 1, I need to get moving. It was recently advised (November 4, 2020 ) that you need to book online appointment before going to installation sites. Management of Autosweep RFID came up to this decision due to over crowding. Some sites were temporarily closed due to social distancing violation imposed by IATF.
Right after the announcement, I tried to access the website, only to find out that it is not working. Perhaps this might be due to sheer volume of users who are trying to access the website. After several attempts on visiting the site in my hope to book my online appointment, finally I was able to get in on the 3rd day. The website seems to be working fine, still a bit slow and few hang ups but I successfully booked an appointment.
STEPS FOR ONLINE APPOINTMENT
- Visit https://autosweeprfidapps.com/application/OnlineReservation
- Choose the site you wish to visit to have an RFID Tag installed
- Select the preferred date to visit the installation site
- Provide details for the appointment (name, email address, plate number, vehicle class and time of installation)
- Click submit, you will receive email notification on the RFID Appointment
Online appointment site works on both desktop and in the same way on mobile devices. There are some glitches reported with the system though. Some complaints going around social media, which maybe because of the browser used to access the site. Like wise some motorists say that it only worked when they used Firefox but not in Chrome.
After the directive of DOTr on the full implementation of cashless toll collections at the expressways and major toll roads which is inline with the government’s thrust to contain the spread of of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Additionally this is to avoid traffic congestion in toll plazas. Motorists who fail to conform to the government mandate will be apprehended and issued a citation ticket. Fine will cost you PHP 2,000.
Types of Vehicles
There are 3 Classes of Vehicles that pass by the expressways, each will have different toll fees and initial load for the Autosweep RFID.
Class 1 that is 7 feet + high
Autosweep RFID – Where to use it?
You can use it at Expressways in the Philippines.
- CAVITEx – Manila – Cavite Expressway or Coastal Road
- MCX – Muntinlupa – Cavite Expressway
- MMSS – Skyway or Metro Manila Skyway System
- NAIAx – NAIA Expressway
- NLEx – North Luzon Expressway
- SCTEx – Subic – Clark – Tarlac Expressway
- SLEx – South Luzon Expressway
- STAR Tollway – Southern Tagalog Arterial Road
- STE – Subic – Tipo Expressway (NLEx Segment 7)
- TPLEx – Tarlac – Pangasinan – La Union Expressway
Reloading Sites for Autosweep RFID
- Bank of Commerce
- Bayad Center
- Direct Agent 5, inc.
- Express Pay
- Robinson’s Supermarket & Department Store
- RD Pawnshop
- San Miguel Food Ave.
- Touch Pay
- Union Bank – EON
- Walter Mart
Aside from the cashless transaction, there are also some perks of using the Autosweep RFID. You can check maintaining balance online or through text. Additionally there is a warranty on your sticker in case of damages. Perks and discounts to different stores or services.
Let us know your thoughts on the recent suggestion to postpone the shift to cashless transaction, visit us again at MyKmag.