Bag of Beans: Perfect Restaurant to Dine with Kids
Dining with kids in a restaurant can sometimes be challenging. For a mom of two, I always consider my kids when picking a restaurant. Though fast food is their top favorite, we try to bring them to casual / formal restaurants on special occasions. Menu and ambiance are essential factors. My big boy who was celebrating his 4th birthday requested for a Hawaiian pizza. After endless searching for the perfect Tagaytay restaurant that serves Hawaiian pizza, we found ourselves at the Bag of Beans Main Branch in Tagaytay.
I’ve been to Charito’s by Bag of Beans but it’s my first time to visit Bag of Beans Main Branch. We’re welcomed by the cool breeze of Tagaytay and the awesome façade of Bag of Beans. Colorful umbrellas hang near the entrance for a festive mood. I was blown away by the beauty and the structure of the restaurant. Good thing about this restaurant is that the area was huge with lots of seats available. It was spacious and kids can roam freely.
Dining staff were very attentive and they ushered us to a couch for a more comfortable seating, high chair was provided to my son. I was in love with the dining area, wooden furniture, chandeliers, mirrors and fresh flowers decorated by some vintage stuff. It’s relaxing and it felt like you’re transported back in time.
For the menu, we ordered fresh salad, a must when dining in Tagaytay since they had abundant produce of fresh vegetables. Baby back ribs for the grown-ups, fish and chips with fries on the side for the kids. When dining with kids, you can never go wrong with fries. And of course Hawaiian pizza and blueberry cheesecake as requested by the birthday boy.
While waiting for the food, kids were entertained by the beautiful surroundings. The outdoor dining area had beautifully designed walls, it was a picture perfect background. It complements the overall feel of the place. Bag of Beans’ truly an instagramable spot. There’s a souvenir shop where you can buy coffee beans, breads and other pastries.
Service of Bag of Beans was fast, we didn’t wait long for our food. It was a hearty and sumptuous meal. Even the kids enjoyed their meal, the dishes were not fancy but appetizing. The restaurant also served menu for kids in small portions but we opt to share. That way, it also taught our kids proper portion control when you share.
Our overall dining experience at Bag of Beans with our kids was amazing. We had a good family bonding time and we were also able to impart to them the lessons to learn about dining habits.
Here are some tips when dining out with kids.
- Practice at home. Do role playing like sitting still, how to use the utensils and waiting patiently. Emphasize the importance of table manners.
- Carefully choose your restaurant. It’s important to pick a restaurant where you know your kids will like something on the menu. Don’t go to fancy place where small spills and mess will be a big deal. If you can find restaurant with more activity, the better.
- Take into consideration the attention span of your kids. Waiting for meal in a busy restaurant can be tough for kids.
- Right timing. Try to eat early so your kids aren’t overly hungry yet. You may also avoid waiting for tables and service during peak hours.
- Keep them busy. Bring activities that will keep your kids busy. A small coloring book or toy will do the trick while they wait for food.
Bag of Beans Tagaytay Branches :
- Address: Nasugbu Road, Mendez Crossing West, Tagaytay City, Cavite, Philippines
- Free Parking
- Telephone Number: 046-4130026
- Mobile Number: 0922-8818265
- Website: https://www.bagofbeans.ph/
Twin Lakes Branch
- Aguinaldo Highway, Twinlakes Shopping Village, Dayap Itaas Laurel, Batangas
- Telephone Number: 046-4604146
- Aguinaldo Highway Silang Junction East, Tagaytay City, 4120
- Telephone Number: 046-4134522
- 150 Aguinaldo Highway, Maharlika East, Tagaytay City
- Telephone Number: 046-483-1279/046-413-6459
- Ground Floor, Robinsons Land Corp., Aguinaldo Highway, Maharlika, Tagaytay City
- Telephone Number: 046-4130490
Related article: A well spent family time in Tagaytay