Castor oil and its amazing benefits
Who doesn’t want flawless and glowing skin? This is our utmost concern, right? By trying to look flawlessly perfect, many have resorted to unnecessary treatments but there are better ways to achieve naturally beautiful skin. Let’s have a look at the elixir for beautiful hair and supple skin, the castor oil.
When I had my hair rebond a few months ago, my hair stylist offered this Castor oil. He was very persuasive that he actually convinced me to buy a bottle. But even then I already have an idea of the benefits of castor oil. I came across it when I did researches on stretch mark removal but I haven’t really tried it yet.
Castor oil is known as natural beauty ingredient that can solve most skin and hair problems. It contains vitamin E, protein and omega fats. It is also known for its antibacterial properties.
It is recommended to use even for oily skin. Having oily face doesn’t literally mean that you can’t apply oil on your oily face. Don’t be afraid of applying oil to your skin. The essential fatty acids that castor oil contains help in restoring the skin’s natural moisture balance.
Facts about castor oil:
- Comes from seeds of the ricinus communis plant, which is native to tropical areas of Africa and Asia.
- Relatively safe to use, but some people have reported side effects after applying it to their skin.
- Best known as laxative and used to treat a range of medical conditions, most notably digestive issues.
- Extracted by pressing the seeds of the castor plant and is increasingly becoming an important bio-based raw material in various cosmetics, soaps, textiles, massage oils, and even medicines.
Here are some benefits of castor oil for skin and hair:
- Helps in the reduction of hair fall
- Premature greying of hair
- Fights any scalp related problems along with accelerating hair growth
- Gives healthy and shiny hair (with continuous use)
- Treats skin pigmentation/blemishes, acne or ageing
- Treat wrinkles
- Relieves dry and patchy skin
- Helps thicken brows and lashes
- Natural cure for styes
- Treats backpain and reduces joint pain/arthritis
- Treats ringworms and disinfect wounds
Have a skin test prior to use, apply a pea size amount on your hand and leave it for couple of hours to test for any allergic reactions. Also , don’t try it as laxative for kids without your doctors approval.
Tips in using castor oil:
- Apply castor oil gently on your face and massage in circular motions. You can even leave it overnight and wash off in the morning.
- For hair fall issue, apply once a week by massaging into scalp
- For constipation, have a 15 ml dose of the oil once a day. It works effectively and quickly when taken during the day.
Let’s see actual results !
Honestly, I haven’t tried it for my hair. I use it to thicken my brows and I’ve noticed that my brows are improving. It also helped lighten my post pregnancy stretch marks.
From time to time, I use it to treat skin allergies and it really works! I just don’t recommend using it before going out since its quite sticky.
There’s a wide variety of castor oil available in stores, salon, spa, drugstores and online shops. What I have tried is Beauty Secret Ph, Php 120 only per 60ml bottle, the only thing I don’t like about it is its woody smell. This shop offers wide variety of organic and natural beauty and skin care products perfect for overall skin care routine.
While castor oil has a range of promising properties, it is important to note that the scientific evidence supporting many of these claims is not conclusive.
Using castor oil would not guarantee flawless skin in an instant. It is important to maintain proper hygiene and keep your skin moisturized as well. Applying sunblock is also a must especially during summer season.