Classic Egg Salad Sandwich Spread
Egg is one of the most nutritious food as this is a complete source of proteins, vitamins, and minerals. Egg yolks contain more calories and fats than the egg white. It is also a versatile ingredients in cooking whether for breakfast, lunch, merienda, and dinner.
Health Benefits of an Egg
A recent study of nearly half a million people in China suggests that eating one egg a day may reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke. During pregnancy and breast feeding, an adequate supply of choline is particularly important, since choline is essential for normal brain development. Eggs are a useful source of Vitamin D which helps to protect bones, preventing osteoporosis and rickets. Eggs should be included as part of a varied and balanced diet. Click this link for more details about health benefits of an egg.
You can create an experiment using egg as the main ingredient. One common dish is a classic egg salad, a mix of hard-boiled egg, mayonnaise, spices, and herbs. Egg salad is frequently used as filling in sandwiches and sometimes toppings for green and leafy vegetable salad. Let me share with you how to make this quick and easy recipe.
- 8 pieces medium hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 kilo of mayonnaise
- 80 grams cheese
- salt, pepper, and sugar
Hard-boiled Egg Instructions:
- Place the eggs in a cooking pot. Make sure to choose a pot that houses the eggs comfortably and not too crowded nor too spaced out.
- Fill the cooking pot with cold water for almost an inch above the eggs.
- Put the cooking pot and cover with lid over high-heat and bring water to boil. When the water hit the boiling stage, set the timer for 8 to 10 minutes over medium-high heat for a perfect hard-boiled egg.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl with cold water or place in running water for a couple of minutes. Otherwise, it will continue cooking even if you have taken the eggs out of the pot.
- Tap the eggs gently into a hard surface, peel the shell and set aside.
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Slowly grate the hard-boiled eggs and cheese separately using grater and set aside.
- Get a large bowl and add the mayonnaise, grated egg, grated cheese, salt, pepper and sugar; mix well.
- Transfer into a container with lid and refrigerate.
K Kitchen’s Tips:
- Better to grate the eggs than chop as it is tasty and fine.
- You may opt to add other spices, herbs, and other ingredients such as cheese, onions, bell pepper, celery, pickles and others. In my case, I’ve just added cheese since this is the only available ingredient in our kitchen. I also prefer a classic egg salad sandwich spread.
- Grated cheese is advisable also than chopped.
- If properly stored, your egg salad can last 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Estimated Cost: P200
Yield: 1000 mL (1 tub)
See how quick and easy this recipe is? As you may find the ingredients anytime in your kitchen. This is a perfect “baon” for your kids anytime, anywhere. You can also share this with your office mates during breakfast and/or merienda, paired with hot “pandesal” or tasty bread plus a cup of coffee. You can also prep this classic egg salad for your family gathering or pajama parties with your friend. This is also timely “baon” for your summer outing and road trips.
Did you like this article? Please do not forget to share and if you want for more, visit K Kitchen always for the latest recipes.