Are you a BUDGETarian and looking for inexpensive but delicious food? Come, try and dine at Fat Grill, one of the famous restaurant in town. It is now located at B. Morada Avenue Lipa City near Lipa City Youth and Cultural Center and Lipa City Police Station.
I must say that I’m a patron, habitue, a regular (need I say more?) of Fat Grill as it has good ambiance, affordable menu and of course, delicious food. Though the space is quite small, it can accommodate up to 50 people. The parking area also has limited space that can only fit 10 to 12 cars and the challenge here is that you will park at your own risk. They are open from Mondays to Sundays, 1030AM to 10PM.
They have various dishes on their menu and I keep coming back for my all-time favorite and their best seller which is KKK Krispy Kare Kare which comes with steamed eggplant and string beans perfect with alamang.
The presentation and serving of their food is quite unique as they are using chopping board with parchment paper instead of a usual plate. Each serving contains mouth watering Filipino dishes with a little twist. You’ll crave for it every now and then. Side dish is also a perfect match.
Fat Grill Menu
If you’re curious just how affordable it is. Then here’s their menu! I must say each meal is well thought of, pretty clever!
- Chow that Chicken – P115 – Boneless chicken thigh fillet with teriyaki, white rice and cucumber salad
- Fire in the Hole – P115 – Spicy barbeque pork tenders with atchara as side dish
- Baby Come Back – P145 – BBQ ribs smoked to perfection with tangy herbs and spices, served with potato salad and java rice
- Tofu Hustle – P79 – Extra crispy liempo and tofu with Fat Grill’s signature vinegar sauce, fresh cucumber salad and rice
- RnB Roast’ n Beef – P160 – Creamy roast beef with mushrooms served with rice and mashed potatoes
- Big Momma’s Baked Chicken – P110 – Baked chicken in special sauce topped with melted cheese, baby potatoes and buttered rice
- Nasa Huli ang PagsiSisig – P115 – Crispy liempo sisig style in a sizzling platter drizzled with flavorful mayo sauce and white rice
Fat Grill Menu
- Catch of the Day – P115 – Grilled fish in sweet soy sauce with rice and kulawo (smoked banana heart in coconut milk)
- Alladin’s Treasure – P105 – Two sticks of grilled chelo kebab (ground beef) with tomato, yogurt sauce and buttered rice
- KKK Krispy Kare Kare – P115 – Crispy kare-kare complete with eggplant, string beans and white rice
- Fat Boy’s Liempo – P105 – Filipino style pork belly, fat grill’s signature vinegar with salad trio (hard boiled egg, tomatoes, dilis) and white rice
- On the Wings of Love – P115 – 6-piece spicy chicken wings grilled to perfection served with java rice and side dish.
- Fire Me Up – P135 – Korean style spicy crunchy squid in red pepper sauce with white rice and coleslaw on the side
- Crispy Dinuguan – P115 – Classic dinuguan with crispy pork bits, white rice and side dish
Drinks available are Red Iced Tea – P20, Soft drinks in Can – P45, Pineapple Juice in Can – P45 and Beer. They only serve Leche Flan for desserts. And you can order extra rice, Plain Rice – P20, Java Rice – P25 or Half Rice – P15.
Fat Grill is now accepting reservations for their extension wing for small, private parties or gathering such as meetings and private celebrations for birthdays, anniversaries or reunions. They offer a room for only P1,500 with consumable food good for three (3) hours. It can accommodate maximum of 30 people.
Fat Grill via Foodpanda
Yes, you heard it right. You can enjoy your favorite dish at home or at work because they have online delivery via foodpanda. They cater customers within Lipa area only but it still depends if the area is accessible or not.
- Simply download foodpanda app from Playstore and install.
- Register and input your details especially address.
- I already tried the delivery via foodpanda and ordered KKK Krispy Kare Kare. (my all time favorite). The delivery fee was waived however there’s a “plastic fee” worth P20 for every meal ordered.
- Input the desired time of delivery and I suggest to make it at least 30 minutes earlier, it was 30 minutes late the last time I ordered.
- You can chat the rider for directions, etc. once it’s picked up for delivery
Gastro Publiko and Fat Grill Catalina Branch
Fat Grill is expanding, after opening a new concept for a restaurant, Gastro Publiko, Catalina Branch opens its doors to the public too. It is located at Catalina Village, Brgy. Sico, Lipa City. They are open from 11AM to 10PM.
From Fat Grill’s official FB page, they do serve big breakfast for only P120 from 6AM to 10AM. The classic Filipino breakfast like tapsilog, hotsilog, tocilog, longsilog and tinapsilog with free unlimited kapeng barako or Batangas coffee. Definitely a must try!