Ultimate Fudgy Brownies
Brownies has always been a tough kitchen experiment. It is very simple to make but sometimes the uncomplicated ones are the hardest to perfect. Everyone thinks it’s as easy as 1 2 3, you just have to mix all the ingredients in a bowl then place inside the oven for it to bake and voila you have your perfect brownies. Brownies are difficult to make because everyone has their own preference, I prefer mine fudgy others like it cakey with nuts, or soft and gooey with frosting.
The struggle is real
As a newbie baker I already tried a lot of recipes in the internet, some of them were recipes shared by the country’s famous chef and home bakers. But none of the recipes I’ve tried come close to winning the title as best brownie. Going through a lot of disappointments with the brownie recipes, I tried the the boxed brownie mix from scratch. Some of them were:
- White King – Ultimate Fudge Brownie Mix
- Maya- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- Magnolia – Fudge Brownie Mix
- Ghirardelli – Double Brownie Mix
- Pills berry – Fudge Supreme Brownie Mix,
- Betty Crocker – Original Supreme Brownie Mix
However none of the boxed brownie mix mentioned above meets my criteria for a perfect brownie.
In a crazy whirlwind of brownie baking I came across Tegral Fudgy Brownie by Puratos. It is a complete mix for baking moist and fudgy chocolate brownie. It is very convenient to use, you can have a peace of mind that you are baking the perfect fudgy brownie. Freshness quality is longer, the crust appearance is perfect and great taste is guaranteed. It is truly a decadent dessert, making it a household staple.
What I love about Puratos
To give you a brief overview of Puratos they originated in Brussels Belgium and they started as an ice cream manufacturer. Over the years the company has expanded its presence worldwide. They produce emulsifiers, enzymes, sourdough, yeast, mixes, bread improvers which is used for baking, patisseries and chocolatiers. For more details you may check their site here.
What I love about Puratos is that they now has a mobile application for bakers which is called My Bakery. It is very convenient to use as it provides consumers more information about its products. Also you can find a recipe generator, they also have customer service assistance and locators for the nearest distributors in your area. On the other hand you may also order via app with a minimal delivery fee.
Now let’s bake that perfect fudgy brownie
Tegral Fudgy Brownie – 1,000 grams
Egg – 200 gram
Oil – 230 grams
Water – 100 grams
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix it for 3 minutes at a low speed using paddle attachment.
- Scale 800g batter in an 8×8 baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- After that, in a deck oven baked it at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Lastly cool and depan.
Karen’s Kitchen Tips:
- Use the right pan, if using a glass pan check the doneness 10 minutes before the recipe tells you so.
- Similarly do not over bake your brownies – do the toothpick test. Insert a toothpick 1 inch away from the edge of the pan. It should come out clean, take the brownies out of the oven and cool the pan completely using a wire rack.
- Add walnuts or swirl some cream cheese.
- Take the extra mile to line your baking pan with parchment / wax paper. You can use foil as substitute.
- Most importantly cool your brownies before slicing them, as a result it will give a perfectly cut squares.
- Left over scraps – in a small baking sheet put all left over scraps and give them a quick in the oven until slightly crunchy. For instance you may use them as sprinkles over cakes and ice cream.
If you are interested to know more about Puratos, there will be an incoming Bakery Fair 2019 and they will be one of the exhibitors. It is good to attend events like this as they provide seminars, product knowledge and freebies. You’ll also have a wide option to source your ingredients, kitchen tools and baking equipment. To know more about the bakery fair click here.
I hope you learned a lot from this article and if you want new recipe make it a habit to visit K Kitchen.