Discover a hidden paradise in Alaminos Laguna: Hidden Valley Spring
Treasures should be hidden, isn’t it? No wonder this paradise is literally hidden. So, just how hidden is Hidden Valley Spring?
Hidden Valley Spring offers homely villas, mini golf course, soothing and relaxing pools where you can just stay most of the day and be with nature. You can walk over the bamboo bridges from one pool to another. Truly, one of the exciting activities there. But I do not recommend to let your kids walk alone on these bamboo pathways as it can be bumpy and very slippery.
A rainforest paradise nestled in the not so famous part of Alaminos Laguna. Blessed with cool and warm natural springs, century old trees and hidden waterfalls. As the name suggests, it is hidden and yet to be discovered by many. It is most sought after by foreign visitors but is quite unfamiliar to local travelers. Maybe because it is hidden or because of the price which is quite expensive for most of the locals. Lucky us, we get to experience this for free. Thanks to our generous boss.
One good thing about the place is the privacy, it’s like a romantic get-away in the wilderness. It can also be a great bonding time with the kids, to experience a day at the jungle.
Pools and Falls
- Soda pool. Best to suite your stressed muscles because it has a perfectly lukewarm water.
- Warm pool. Simply a rejuvenating pool and the nearest one at the entrance.
- Lover’s pool. No, this is not exclusive for lovers as the name implies. It is named a lover’s pool because of the cold water, you would really feel like hugging your lover.
- Kiddie pools. Kid friendly shallow pools that kids will surely love.
- Hidden Falls. A literally hidden falls surrounded by centuries old trees and a beautifully crafted nature.
Aside from relaxation, cold springs offers health benefits like boosting your immune system, your endorphins, circulation and even your libido. Hidden Valley spring is a perfect place for the adventurous, nature lover and free spirited person that you are!
Entrance fee and accommodations
If you want to spend a night at this paradise, they offer villas perfect for solo, couple or group adventurers. You can choose between Casita deluxe and Casita deluxe with loft. All rates are inclusive of welcome drinks, buffet lunch, afternoon snack, dinner and breakfast and full use of the amenities. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a chance to explore what’s inside the villas.
- Casita deluxe (1 queen size bed) : Php14,700 / night for 2 persons
- Casita deluxe with loft (1 king size bed, 2 single beds and loft):
- Php19,800 / night for 3 persons
- Php23,900 / night for 4 persons
- Php29,100 / night for 5 persons
- Php34,300 / night for 6 persons
If you don’t have the budget for the overnight treat or too busy to spend a night, you can always try the day tour package.
- Php 2,500 for adults
- Php 1,250 for children 5-10 years old
You can enjoy full access to pools and falls and you do not have to worry about food because you also paid for welcome drinks, buffet lunch and afternoon snack.
After a good swim, you can enjoy buffet lunch of sumptuous Filipino cuisine while being serenaded with good country side music. Choices of food for lunch comes in different variety of native dishes alongside salad and desserts. I got so hungry that I didn’t took time to take fancy photos of the food.
You can eat afternoon snacks from 3pm onwards. Delicacies such as biko, puto, palitaw, maja blanca, ginataang mais and lomi. Indeed, we always crave for these Filipino merienda.
Important notes and tips!
- They do no allow food and beverage inside the facility.
- Beers or any alcohol, you also cannot bring in the pool area. So if you plan to drink and swim, it’s a big NO!
- You have to deposit a refundable Php500 per cabinet to use the locker rooms
- Get a reservation especially if you’ll be staying overnight. Contact numbers: 028-184-034 / 028-404-112, 025-404-114
For more travel tips and places to visit, follow our blog and get to know more travel ideas.