How to Buy and Sell Stocks thru COL Financial
Now that you know why investing in stock market is beneficial for you and your future, let me begin a tutorial of some sort on how to buy and sell stocks thru COL Financial. If you haven’t read it yet, here is the link. There are detailed FAQs on the site, but I will give you the most important ones that I know you’ll find useful.
How to Buy Stocks
Once you have opened an account in COL Financial, you can now proceed with buying of stocks.
1. Log in to your COL Financial account.
2. After successfully logging-in, you will be directed to the Home Page where you will see lots of things related to the activity of the stock market such as latest research, announcements, news and other important details and information. If your account has just created and funded, check “Equity Value” if credited successfully. By then, you can begin buying stock based on your available fund.
3. Check whether the market is Open or Closed. You can only buy stocks if the market is Open. Take note that trading hours is Mondays to Fridays from 09:30 AM to 12:00 Noon and 01:30 PM to 03:30 PM. There is a lunch break between 12 Noon to 01:30 PM which no order taking is being accepted and ongoing orders will be carried out after lunch break. No trading during Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays.
4. Click “Trade” tab to start buying of stocks. Under “Trade” tab click “Enter Order”. Total Net Price reflects as you enter the number of shares and at the price you want to purchase. It includes Order Charges and VAT. You can just buy stocks according to your actual and/or available balance. Buying of stocks will not proceed if your actual and/or available balance is insufficient vs Net Price.
5. Click “Preview Order” to proceed with the succeeding step. Review your order details carefully before putting forward your order. Once reviewed, enter your password and click “Place Buy Order” to proceed.
6. Your order is being sent for execution. Please see “Trading History” section to verify your order status.
How to Sell Stocks
1. Click “Trade” tab to start selling of stocks. Under “Trade” tab click “Enter Order”. Total Net Price reflects as you enter the number of shares and at the price you want to sell. It includes Order Charges and VAT. You can just sell stocks according to your actual and/or uncommitted shares. Selling of stocks will not proceed if you wish to sell it more than available actual share and/or uncommitted shares.
2. Click “Preview Order” to proceed with the succeeding step. Review your order details carefully before putting forward your order. Once reviewed, enter your password and click “Place Sell Order” to proceed.
3. Your order is being sent for execution. Please see Trading History section to verify your order status.
Trading History and Order Status
You can check the status of your order in Trading History as shown below sample. If buying or selling of stocks is not successful it will automatically be cancelled. Normally, buying and selling of stocks is valid only for one whole trading day. In that case, you need to place new order the following trading day.
Stock Market Time Table
Successful Transaction Confirmation Acknowledgement
Every after successful transaction, you need to type your password to acknowledge receipt of confirmation.
If you’re looking for an easy money then this is not for you. The word you’re looking for is trading but you need to study more about the trend, industries, and economy thus you need to be financially literate. Assess your capability and ability to take risk as investing may incur profit or loss. Be aware on top performing companies that is worth to invest with:
- Ayala Corp. (Conglomerates)
- Ayala Land, Inc. (Property)
- Aboitiz Power Corp. (Power)
- Banco De Oro (Bank)
- Bank of the Philippine Islands (Bank)
- Int’l Container Terminal Services (Port Operations)
- Jollibee Foods Corp. (Consumer)
- Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company / Metrobank (Bank)
- Metro Pacific Investments (Infrastructure)
- SM Investments Corp. (Conglomerates)
- SM Prime Holdings (Property)
- TEL PLDT (Telecom)
- Universal Robina Corp. (Consumer)
I am reading articles and tips about stock market investment in DailyPik and it is somehow useful for me. If you like this article, do not forget to share!