McDonald’s Kiddie Crew VS Jollibee Mini Managers Camp from Kids’ Point of View
That cute bee wins every time. I expose my kids to both stores but they always prefer Jollibee. Last year, we did a week-long Jollibee Mini Managers Camp and it was truly a fun experience. It’s been a year but they still talk about it. So this year, we need diversity. Hello, McDonald’s Kiddie Crew.
I finally convinced them to try McDonald’s. Funny enough, after eating their favorite Jollibee meal we headed to other store and registered to McDonald’s Kiddie Crew Workshop – Explorer Edition at SM City Lipa. Since they experienced both, let’s check my kids’ point of view.
Before I tell you my kids’ opinions, let me give you a background in case you’re not yet aware of this program.
What is McDonald’s Kiddie Crew?
The McDonald’s Kiddie Crew Workshop is a summer program specially designed for kids ages 6-12 years old. Each day is filled with fun activities that aim to build confidence, harness creativity and teach the importance of hard work, discipline, teamwork, sharing and responsibility.McDo.ph
So let’s interview my kids.
- Which is more fun?
- “McDo! Jollibee!” Yes, they’re undecided!
McDonald’s on the job training was awesome! Probably because they only had 7 kids thus easy to manage. My girls were at the counter long enough, taking orders, handing out the change, even using POS service. They mostly enjoyed preparing drinks, fries and of course, sundaes. But the classroom program is not so lively, well then we only had 2 days at McDonald’s and 6 days at Jollibee, maybe not fair to compare?
The classroom programs however of Jollibee were full of games, singing and dancing. Though they did burger making for both and as expected, anything related to food, they’re interested instantly. It’s also a big group so probably that’s the reason why. They made friends since they’re together for six days. They’re just starting to mingle on second day at McDo but also the last day so no chance to get to know each other and play together. So if you’re not a working parent, or you have someone you can ask to accompany your child, then choose the 5-day program.
- What about the food?
- “Jollibee spaghetti and burger! McDo’s nuggets! Mcfloat!
Be in my shoes, momma, most Sundays, holidays, weekdays even take outs: Jollibee meals. Imagine my relief when they finally sat there at McDonald’s without the grumpy face, eating nuggets!
- The activities?
- “McDo’s mazes, coloring activities”
- “Jollibee dance, lots of games!”
- “Serving McDo’s sundae, drinks, fries!”
- “Jollibee’s Mascot dance”
Well the winners are Jollibee and McDonald’s crews, managers and staffs who took the time to accommodate these curious kids. Thumbs up to you, hard-working, super eager and patient, all-smile employees of both stores.
So if you want to enroll your kids, I listed here some of the FAQs.
- How long is the Kiddie Crew Workshop?
- the weekday workshop runs for 5 days and each day will last for 2 hours each.
- new weekend workshop option is a 2-day workshop made of 3 hours each.
- What are the available time slots?
- Starts every 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 3:00 PM and runs for 2 hours. However, some stores may have different schedules. For our case, it’s 9:00AM, weekend schedule.
- How old do my kids have to be to join the Kiddie Crew Workshop?
- Kids aged 6-12 years old.
- Kids aged 4-5 years old, needs a letter of intent addressed to the store’s Restaurant Manager and should always be accompanied by a parent or guardian during all days of the workshop.
- How much is the registration fee? What are the inclusions?
- 5-day weekday workshop is P695,
- 2-day weekend workshop is P595,
- inclusive of the workshop uniform (t-shirt, cap, bag, ID with lace), daily workshop materials, and daily meals!
- FREE access to the Kiddie Crew Club, allowing them exclusive perks all year-round!
Go to comment section and let us know your experience too! If you like this article, please don’t forget to share and follow our blog for more!
- List of Things-to-Do After Quarantine - May 1, 2020
- Working From Home Challenges and How to Overcome It - March 28, 2020
- Attractions in Quezon: Kamay ni Hesus and Kamayan sa Palaisdaan - March 8, 2020