Photobook Philippines: Preserving Memories
We are now in the era of smartphones and digital cameras. The hype of social media made photo prints a thing of the past. I can still recall the sweet memories of my film camera which I bought from the money I got as Christmas presents when I was in high school.
Gone are the days that you need to visit a camera house and have your camera film in a canister to be developed and have it printed. I am fond of taking photos, in fact I even have a small collection of cameras. Starting with a Fuji film camera, Sony digital camera and to level up, I bought Cannon E0s D30. Since we are already in the digital age, the art of memory keeping had been forgotten.
Preserve your memories, keep them well
Travel photos way back 2009 and my kids photos continuously pile up in my external drive. I kept asking my self when can I have it printed. Browsing photos in scrap books or albums is such a sweet way to go back to memory lane. Initially, I planned to have it individually printed and organize it in albums.
However availability of photo albums nowadays are very limited. As the years pass, the quality of the print also deteriorates. After several search on the best ways to print photos, keep it organize and preserve memories, I came across Photobook Philippines.
As a family we also have a tradition to take yearly pre birthday pictorial photos of the kids, we consider it as a milestone. To be able to print those photos, I decided to try ordering a 6”x6” simple book.
Last August it was Photobook Philippines anniversary and a lot of promos and freebies were up for grab. Luckily, I was able to catch the promo, original price for this simple book was PHP 550 but got it at PHP 150. You do not need to be a tech savvy or a graphic artist to use the application.
Steps on how to order on Photobook Philippines
You have two options, first is to download the Photobook app which is available in Appstore and Play store or visit their website Photobook Philippines. Then you can register, upload photos and check out.
- Download the Photobook Worldwide app.
- Once you open the app, select Simple Books.
- Then select the 6″ x 6″ Simple Book.
- Select 21 photos from your phone or from Instagram (Note: 1st Photo will be the cover of your Photobook).
- Click next on the upper right to continue. Then sign up if you are a new user, or sign in if you have an existing account.
- After that, select how you want the photo to look like, with or without margin.
- Then add a title that will appear on the backside of the Photobook.
- Select premium Silk Paper.
- Fill up the Address Form. This is where your Photobook will be delivered.
- Select Standard Shipping (with tracking) worth 150 pesos.
- Continue with checkout. Pay via PayMaya, Gcash, PayPal, VISA or Mastercard.
- Wait for 7 days, and enjoy the Photobook!
Photobook Philippines has a wide variety of products. From photo books, wall & home decors, stationaries, calendars, cards, prints and many more. There are also a lot of on going promotions which you can avail.
Important reminder to always upload high resolution photos. The Photobook app will tell you when your photos have low resolution. Photos with low resolution will look pixelated when printed out. The only downside I noticed is that photos gets darker when printed. If you are familiar with photoshop you can try enhancing the photos prior uploading to have more vibrant colors.
I was so giddy to received my first photo book. The delivery was efficient and fast, thanks to Ninja van. The photos were printed clearly and the binding was sturdy and neatly bound. The Photo book came out to be so pretty and of good quality, I will definitely order again and hopefully will be able to complete my travel photos and family memories. Looking forward as well to display all photobooks in our shelves.
Keep it a habit to visit Mykmag for more good finds.