Quick and Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Are you thinking of perfect birthday giveaways? Or you realized that you need last minute gifts? All stores are crowded and you do not have time for shopping? Worry no more! Try my quick and easy recipe and follow the pro-tips to achieve perfect chocolate chip cookies. Aside from my love for baking, I personally prefer giving away my baked goodies so the receiver will appreciate the time and effort I put into it. Edible gifts are always in for all occasions so you can never go wrong. You probably have all the ingredients sitting in your pantry so get your apron and let us start baking!
What are the ingredients to use:
¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large egg
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 and 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
How to do it:
- Cream the butter on medium speed until completely smooth. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and mix on medium speed until fluffy and light in color. Mix egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients until well combined. Add the chocolate chips. Chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F for 11 minutes.
- Using tablespoon or ice cream scoop the dough and placed it into prepared baking sheets ( wax or parchment paper ) with 2 inches spacing.
- Baked the dough for 10-11 minutes, bottoms and edges should be lightly brown and firm when touched.
- Transfer the cookies into a wire rack and allow it to completely cool.
Prep Time : 15 mins
Cooking Time : 15 Mins
Yield: 20 cookies (or more depending on your size preference)
Bake like a Pro, to achieve your perfect cookies follow below tips:
- First of all cream your butter and sugar until light and fluffy, this will allow your cookies to spread better.
- Chilling your cookie dough before baking is a must. Because flavors will blend in and dough will shape better during baking.
- Create uniform size of cookies, you may opt to scoop, drop, another option is to roll or pipe.
- If you want to add nuts, sprinkles, chocolate chips or shavings garnish your cookies before baking.
- Choose the right pans, aluminum baking pans are the best for cookies for the reason that it distributes the heat evenly.
- Grease your baking sheets, to avoid cookies from sticking you may use parchment paper. Similarly you may spray your pan with oil. Recommended brands are Kirkland and Cook’n Bake.
- Know the right temperature – make sure to pre-heat your oven before popping your cookies. Low temperature will increase your cookie spread while High temp will burn the edges of your cookies.
- Freshly baked cookies should be cooled for a minimum of 1 minute before removing them off the pan. Therefore once they are firm you may remove it gently.
- Above all, before storing or decorating cool your cookies completely, it will be faster if you will use a wire rack. Wire racks are absolute essential to attain the correct texture of your baked creation. Racks prevent them from getting soggy.
Choose a cute packaging and these delicious cookies are perfect for gift-giving. For your baking and packaging needs you may visit Lalo’s place located at Tambo Lipa City, check their official page by clicking here.
Whether you are giving these for your office mates, friends, relatives even your godchild, they will surely love these chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven. Always check K Kitchen for more recipes and edible gifts for the holidays. Click here and bookmark the link. If you have questions, let us know in the comments section below or share your baking experience too!