Super Fast LTO License Renewal thru Online Appointment System
Did you know that LTO license renewal will only take an hour and a half? It could have been an hour if not for the several system downtime nationwide. Gone are the days when you have to block your whole day just to secure a driver’s license. Kudos to the government for this achievement and big leap to their service. When I went to LTO to renew my license last month, they posted a time study of every process assuming normal conditions. So many improvements like the air-conditioned waiting area, an organized office and courteous personnel.
Step by Step Online Appointment System
Let me share the step by step online appointment system.
- Log in to LTO Appointment System and click Driver’s License Renewal Online Appointment
- You will then be directed to Driver’s License Renewal Appointment, tick the box for the consent and input the Captcha symbols then continue.
- Encode the information for the renewal of license and fill in fields with asterisk. Click next once completed.
- Then choose the region you would like to renew your license. Unfortunately for Region 4A, they only have Binan Licensing Office and Lipa District Office.
- Select the dates you desire then click submit. You see, this online booking is not popular yet because all April dates are available.
- You can then select the time you desire then an email will be sent to you electronically. The email contains the link to confirm your booking.
- Click confirm appointment then print it as you need to present this to LTO officers. Viola! You are officially first in-line and this serve as your ticket to the super fast lane.
Important Reminder for Online Appointment System
These are the important reminders that you need to take note of for smooth transaction. This is included in the electronic email sent thru online application system.
- Please confirm your appointment by clicking the link provided. Confirm your appointment within 3 calendar days or it will be cancelled.
- After confirming your appointment schedule, please print the appointment slip. Present the printed slip to an LTO personnel in order to assist you with your transaction.
- Arrive at your selected LTO site at least 15 minutes before your scheduled time. LTO will strictly follow the indicated schedule on your appointment and will not entertain any latecomers.
- This document contains your personal information, and thus should be treated with utmost care to prevent unnecessary disclosure. Avoid and/or dispose properly the excess copies.
- In case of work suspension due to force majeure, all appointments shall be accepted on the same time slot the next working day.
Guidelines on Renewing your Drivers License
You have to present all the necessary documents as follows:
- Duly accomplished Application Form for Driver’s License
- Current/Expired Driver’s License Card
- Medical Certificate issued by an LTO-licensed physician
- Valid Government-issued ID
Follow these procedure once you arrive at LTO Office. Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment for your medical exam. I just would like to point out that the personnel do not accept the accomplished downloaded forms. They still provide the copies and I had to re-do everything. They could save a lot of paper if they accept the downloaded forms online.
- Download and fill out the application form. You can also get this from the LTO office.
- Undergo a medical exam from a licensed physician and obtain a medical certificate.
- Submit your appointment slip and all documentary requirements to the LTO Evaluator.
- When your name is called, proceed for Photo & Signature taking and pay the required fees to the LTO Cashier.
- Submit for biometrics capture & obtain your Driver’s License & O.R. from the Releasing Window.
Driver’s License Fees and Charges
These are the posted fees and charges that you can also check at their official LTO website. The medical exam Php 400 is not included as you will pay this separately to their LTO-licensed physician. Penalty is Php 75 for 1 day to 1 year, Php 150 for 1 year to 2 years and Php 225 for 2 years and above.
The LTO staff released my five-year drivers license card. And I forgot all the horror stories of my past application and renewal experience. You will never believe it but I was on the verge of congratulating the person who handed out the card. I almost said “Good job” instead of “Thank you”. She’s probably thinking why I was grinning from ear to ear. Well, I was thinking of other things to do since I saved a lot of time because of this online appointment!
Since you already have your license to drive, are you thinking of buying a car? Read our article 6 tips for First-time Car Buyers first. Click share if you like this article and follow mykmag.com for more useful information!
- How I Survived The First Month of My Kids’ Online Classes - October 9, 2020
- Giving Birth and Raising A Newborn During COVID-19 - September 4, 2020
- Side Hustle Ideas During Pandemic - August 28, 2020